Saturday, July 23, 2011

Migraines


I love how people casually say they have a migraine.  Really?? You’re in the middle of shopping and you’re having a migraine?  I wish my migraines were that good.
For those of you who have not been so lucky as to have had one (or think you have) a migraine is when you have lock yourself in a room with no light or sound (preferably the bathroom) 'cause light and sound feel like they are bringing you one step closer to death.
I can usually tell when my headaches are going to turn into a migraine and I try my best not to get sick ‘cause if I do then the migraine fun begins!  With a migraine getting sick is like getting stabbed in the head (I can only imagine since I have never been stabbed in the head-and it’s not on my to do list). You scream and cry cause of the intense pain and you fight the next one coming since the whole knife in the head feeling isn’t fun.  So I do not think I could go shopping with a migraine.
That is why I LOVE Excedrin for migraines or tension headache ‘cause they seem to be the only thing that helps.  I started a migraine one morning this week and my poor kids were fortunate enough to see their momma get sick in the bathroom (while screaming, yes I have a talent for multi-tasking this) and then cry.  Abby was making sympathetic gagging noises while Nathan was trying to comfort her and me (sweet angel when I am sick..sometimes I think I should be sick more often)
Then my wonderful Excedrin kicks in I feel light. I know “light” is a funny word to describe it, but after the pain you suddenly feel lighter as if your body is saying AAHHHHH. 
Hey…So maybe that is my ticket to a Zen like state…hhhmmmm.  Nah, kids say no to drugs unless you feel like your brain is going to explode.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I'm not shopping when I have a migraine. I'm hiding away in a quiet cool room with earplugs and a cool cloth on my head.

    ReplyDelete