Saturday, July 30, 2011

When it rains it pours.......so go play in the puddles

Last week was not a very good week for me. First my car needed quite a few repairs and a new set of tires. While my car was in the shop I drove my husband’s jeep and what happens???? One of the tires blows out. All last week I had fun trying to find a tires Germany doesn’t carry.  I finally found a place that had my tires, but found out that NO place in this country carries tires with his specs. So I am still trying to figure things out with that.  Well let’s just say I passed that on for my husband to do.

Just when I thought the drama had passed for that week; I go in to get my new set of tires and while waiting I took the kids for a walk (to enjoy the wonderful wild flowers while there was no rain for a change) I tripped (not unusual for me) and broke the piece that attaches my camera body to the lens. Yes, I am pretty awesome! At least I didn’t let go of the stroller which would have given Abigail a very fast ride downhill that I am sure would not have ended as good as it began.
I fell at the very top of this hill, but at least I got this shot before I became friends with the asphalt :)

I am thankful to Laura Evans who looked up the piece I needed and I was able to call Nikon to order it.  My poor husband kept getting bad news everyday while he was gone.  I am SO glad he loves me or I would be screwed.

outside (obviously)
Yesterday I thought I ended the week unscathed until I was going around a traffic circle and saw a big white truck that felt the need to reverse and hit Nathan’s car door covering him in glass. I guess the driver thought I was trying to play music with my horn since he kept reversing and pushing my car. So you can imagine how fun that was. I mean why else would I be blowing the horn but to say thank you for hitting my son’s door!  After the brief bit of panic of seeing him crying, covered in glass, and not being to open his door he was totally fine with only a tiny scratch on his knee.  Abigail was just looking at us wondering what the big deal was.                 





Nathan's car seat
Inside of door














Just when you think your life is boring you get thrown some excitement that makes you wish your life was boring again.





all photos taken by me :)
So in my case when it rains it pours……..so I am going to play in the puddles.  Hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment