Saturday, June 2, 2012

Linderhof Palace

Linderhof Palace is the extravagant villa of King Ludwig II.  It is best viewed during the spring and summer months due to the gardens being closed in the winter.  We went and September and the gardens were still beautiful.

We were not allowed to take any pictures inside, so you will have to look online (link below) to see it. It is small and the tour is short (which is a plus if you have kids).  We did not have a long wait (we toured some of the grounds while we waited) so it wasn't bad.  If I had to wait a long time with my kids I think I would have been disappointed.

Here are just a few shots of the outside.  There are more things to see on the palace grounds, but with 2 kids and 2 castles to still see that day we didn't wander around to see all of it.











This is the grotto that Ludwig had made on the grounds, I had to stop myself from laughing...its so gaudy, but I guess back then it was great place to relax and "woo" the ladies.



This is the river that runs in front of the park /entrance to the palace.  I  loved the clear clean water.  The kids had the most fun here as well, walking in the water, trying to skip stones etc.


http://www.schlosslinderhof.de/englisch/palace/history.htm
gps address:
Linderhof 12
82488 Ettal

No comments:

Post a Comment