Wednesday, May 23, 2012

How I bought the express ticket to hell

Last week we went to Rome. We had an amazing 5 days there with the kids
One day we visited the Vatican.  I'm not catholic, but didn't feel I could visit Rome and NOT see it.
I made sure we were all properly dressed for going to Vatican City (knees/shoulders covered) and we headed out for a day of walking (yep, no buses or metro, just our two legs, well a total of 8 in our case).


We got the once over from the people screening and we were in.



   
We noticed someone in black robes talking and a crowd gathered (and occasionally cheering), but I didn't think anything of it.  As we were walking around the courtyard area (have no clue what it is called) I look to see a person this time in white robes talking.




My mouth drops and what comes out of my mouth??? "Holy f*** is that the Pope?"  Yep, in the holy city talking about the Pontif, Holy Father, I drop the F bomb.  I laughed at myself and knew I sealed the deal on getting an express ticket to hell.  It was almost like the Angles handed me My "sign".



A few moments later......
Kids: Mom what is he saying
Me: Thou shall not pick your nose or you will go to hell...I should know

ps. I was at the VAT office today and a woman caught my eye and was looking at me funny, but I just noticed how pretty her eye shadow was...anyway...she came around and said:
Eyeshadow lady:  I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry
Me: um, why?
Eye shadow lady: oh, well i thought you overhead me on the phone to my daughter and I was trying to be quiet but I said a word I wouldn't want over heard and I was worried you heard me.
Me:  I live in my own world and I was just looking at your eye shadow, but now I am sorry I didn't hear it.  Don't feel bad, let me tell you a little story (insert story above here).
She and the other lady in the office were laughing so hard they were crying.
Eye shadow lady: Girl, God must have known I needed that laugh, He knows your heart was in the right place even if your mouth wasn't

I'm glad my ticket to hell can make someone..even me..laugh.
(It didn't make my mom laugh when I told her though.  I'm sure she was sitting with the phone to her ear shaking her head at me)







It takes someone who really wants/loves this job to wear this uniform and be taken seriously!

The horde of people walking up the where the museum entrance is. (which is around the corner, up the hill and around another corner)

Only two of about a hundred priests, nuns, etc we saw here.  What could possibly be drawing them ???? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment