Thursday, May 10, 2012

Wrap up of teacher gifts

I didn't post these last week, but here are a few more things I did for my daughters teachers.  Super cute and easy....well easy if you are able to get your hands on the right stuff.

Print out the letter to make a stencil (by using a blade and cutting the letter out)






Tape the stencil on the container and use a sponge brush to sponge or dab the paint on.  I used regular acrylic paint, but I could not find a primer spray to spray on the bin before I painted on it (this helps it adhere to the plastic).  Since it would just scrap off I put clear nail polish over the dried letter to keep it from coming off.
     
 Left: is step one
Middle: what it should look like (it would have looked better if I had the spray)
Right: I put on a few embellishments to make it fun






Finished Product....there is a tag (not shown here) that says "Teacher's can not live on apples alone..they need hugs and kisses too".  Which should explain why there is an apple with "hugs" and "kisses" inside.



 This turned out okay. It could have been better, I  just needed better glue.
I took two small composite notebooks and with scrap paper glued it on the outside to dress it up. SUPER EASY.




This I made for the two ladies at the school.
 Here I did the same by putting letters on as above, but put in "kisses" and the notepad (above) with a pen, anti-bacterial pump and candle.  You can obviously put whatever in it.  Not proud of the paint job here....again need the spray!


 This I thought was a cute idea
I took two clear plastic frames
Cut out scrap paper and placed where the picture would go.
Then found color coordinating post-it notes and placed them on the frame
Next I found cute sticky labels from Martha Stewart and printed out the teacher's name on it.
I then placed them on top of the frame and to dress it up (even matching the little bins I made) I stuck a little "bling" on each side of the label.
If later they don't like it then they can easily use it as
picture frame rather than a sticky note holder.

The finished product



I put the frames in a clear cellophane bag and included a magnetic notepad, pen, etc.










 At pick up time on Friday I gave them this.  I had some Bliss chocolates and was thinking of what I could do.  I then had this idea which went with the hugs and kisses thing from earlier that week.  Some thing small to let them know you care.

Both finished projects




No comments:

Post a Comment